Gold Good Citizen Award
We are pleased to resume our classes from the 20th May 2021. Please click here for more information
The ultimate Good Citizen Test!
This is a real challenge but once achieved there is no doubt that both dog and handler are Good Citizens! This award covers:
- Road walking, including changes of pace. Distraction to be included such as pushchairs, bicycles, umbrellas etc..
- Dog to walk off lead beside handler with left and right turns.
- Down stay for 2 minutes with handler out of sight for just half a minute.
- Relaxed Isolation - dog to be left for up to 5 minutes and must remain relaxed and comfortable to do so. This exercise is taught and carried out under close supervision to ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Send the dog to bed - an exercise that is sending the dog away from the handler in a happy manner.
- Emergency Stop the dog- it is essential that your dog can be stopped on command in the event of an emergency.
- Food manners - building on the exercise covered in the Silver course.
- Examination of the dog by a stranger - we train this very carefully to ensure that both dog and examiner are comfortable with this exercise.